Is it legal for a minor to own a cool pipe? 4 Answers as of March 17, 2014

I want to own a cool pipe. It has cool designs and I basically just want to have it always in my mouth as a joke, no drugs or tobacco just nothing. I’m 16 and in Idaho, almost 17.

Lawyer for Independent Media
Lawyer for Independent Media | Sue Basko
You need to check local, county, and state laws. Some places have laws prohibiting ownership of drug paraphernalia. Most pipes that could possibly be used to smoke marijuana, hash, or such are considered drug paraphernalia, even if they have not been used for that. Also, if you always have a pipe in your mouth, you are likely to get canker sores and may damage your teeth. Also, you cannot have pipe in your mouth at school, at a job, in sports, or on a bus. Most likely, if you have a pipe in your mouth at parties, nothing is going to happen. But you might get a reputation based on peoples' presumptions that you are doing drugs. However, if the worst thing you do is pose with a pipe at parties, then you are doing quite well. You may catch hell from your parents if they see pictures of you with the pipe.
Yes, it is legal for a minor to own a tobacco pipe in most states. It's not legal to own a pipe used primarily for drug consumption. FYI, walking around with a pipe hanging out of your mouth, even a "cool" pipe, doesn't sound very appealing to me. And I doubt a school will let you do this during classes. Not to mention that smokers or those pretending to smoke don't have a very positive image in society anymore.
It is legal to own a cool pipe, but it will create a problem IF you are walking around with the pipe in your mouth all the time, because it will cause the police to investigate IF you are smoking tobacco or drugs. So, IF you want negative attention then hold it in your mouth all the time.