Is it legal for me to reject an HOC ruling? Posted on July 18, 2011

My husband and I have been separated almost a year. We have three minor children who have always been primarily cared for by me. Since the separation he has moved into our family home after telling me that since I could not afford it, he would move in. He also moved his girlfriend into the house. This girlfriend is the same reason for which he moved out originally. Our first HOC went fairly well but his attorney asked for a two week extension. Following this we tried to agree on things ourselves and my attorney cancelled our HOC without asking me. The second HOC was last week and it did not go so well. He was named domiciliary with 50/50 custody. I was told that one reason was that I had moved out of district (our town has very little rentals and I could only find housing in the next town) I also don't have a job yet. I want to object but should I wait till I am in district and have job? The objection time will be expired tomorrow at 5. I am not sure what to do and have not found another attorney after the last one cancelled the hoc without consulting me first.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: