Is it legal for a judge to reduce my DUI to a lesser offense? 2 Answers as of August 10, 2011

I got a first time dui. then when I got to court to my surprise the da didnt seem interested in prosecuting the case he said he would put it away for a year and if I didnt get another one he would reduce it to a lesser no driving offense, like pi or something. is this odd?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Richard Williams
Law Office of Richard Williams | Richard Williams
It is not uncommon that a charge of DUI can be placed on a good behavior for a year or so. The charge of DUI cannot be reduced to a lesser charge.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 8/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: