Is it illegal to host a website in another country to stream music? 1 Answers as of May 03, 2011

Im planning on creating a website that will be a legacy of my favorite music. I want to download all my favorite music and stream it on the website forever. If I do not get permission from the artist/copyright holder, is it illegal? Would it still be illegal if the website is hosted in a country that does not care about things like the DRM and other such piracy laws?

Intellectual Property Center, LLC
Intellectual Property Center, LLC | Ak Shaf
Many countries, including most prominent international countries have laws in place to protect against unlawful copyright infringement, which is what the downloading of pirated music is generally considered. However, some countries are not part of these international organizations and may have different laws with respect to streaming music. I would strongly suggest contacting an attorney to discuss this matter as soon as possible.