Is it a good idea to grant the insurance company representing our neighbors access to medical records in Illinois? 3 Answers as of April 04, 2011

The insurance company representing our neighbors wants us to sign a release allowing them access to hospital information for our daughter. Should we allow this after our daughter was hurt on their neighbors property?

Allegretti & Associates
Allegretti & Associates | James L. Allegretti
The only reason that they would ask this is because your daughter was injured on the neighbors property and made a claim. I would limit the release to the records of the doctors who treated her for this injury. Be sure to cross out anything in the release that is not relevant to the accident.
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
You may have a case, based upon the information that you have supplied. We would be happy to provide you with a free consultation if you call my office at either of the numbers listed below. If my office accepts your case, there is no fee charged unless we are able to obtain a settlement for you. Thank you for your email, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Cary J. Wintroub
If your daughter is making a claim for injuries or medical pay from your neighbor's carrier then her medical records as they pertain to that injury are relevant. If you want to discuss this matter further without obligation feel free to contact our law office.