Is it faster to immigrate to the US as a fiancee or as a wife? 2 Answers as of April 18, 2011

I am an US citizen. I wonder which is faster and simpler, immigrate my Chinese girfriend as fiancee and get married here or get married in China and immigrate her as wife to the US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
The fiancee visa is a quicker option.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/18/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Generally, the fiance visa is a few months faster to obtain than a spouse visa, so your fiance would be able to come to the US quicker through a fiance visa. However, once here, you must marry within 90 days, and they she has to file for adjustment of status. So, while she would be here sooner, you would have the additional step and cost to file for her Green Card after arrival.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: