Is it easier to marry my fiance and apply for a spouse visa? 4 Answers as of June 23, 2011

My fiance will turn 18 in September this year. I am already over 18. Is it easier to marry her and apply for a spouse visa? Or, apply for a fiance visa? Which is the fastest way to bring her here?

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
It's faster to do a fiancee visa, but it may be less expensive overall to apply for her immigrant visa.
Generally, you need to be 21 or older to be able to sponsor someone into the US. If you are then, go for it . . . either way would be just fine. A K-1 will take about 9 to 15 months. A K-3 takes about the same but without a real guaranty since she will technically be in the 1st preference category as a wife of a USC. Some consular posts move K-3's much faster than others. Good luck!
fiance visas are taking approx. the same time as spouse visas to process; give or take a couple of months.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
Usually the fiance visa is faster. I would recommend you speak with and retain an immigration attorney. For a free consultation you may contact my office.