Is it easier to get a divorce after separation? How? 6 Answers as of September 08, 2015

I just filed for divorce after 11 years of being separated from my future ex-wife. Will this be an easy divorce since we have been separated for so long and have no properties or assets? Child support has been established by the court which is money all she wants. Our 3 children are just a gold mine for her to get money out of me, since she doesn’t use the money on the kids it is mostly for herself.

Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
Should be an easy Divorce after that much time.
On some respects it is easier to reach a marital settlement agreement as to debt and property division. It might be a good time to review child support as well.
Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
Based upon what you relate, it should be fairly easy, especially if there are no assets to divide and child support has already been set. There may an issue of custody and parenting time, but that doesn't seem to be a problem in the two of you working it out. Of course, if she is ready to go along with what you have to related, it will move fairly easily through the Court. On the other hand, if she wants more money or thinks there are assets to deal with, there is the possibility of it not being so easy.
David A. Browde, P.C.
David A. Browde, P.C. | David Browde
If you were legally separated, yes. If not, it will be the same as any other case.
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A.
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A. | Joseph Gufford
There is no requirement of a separation period in Florida unlike many other states. Therefore, being separated doesn't really help you or harm you as to getting a divorce in Floirda. However, it may have an impact on various other issues having to do with equitable distribution, alimony and alimony related issues and child support and support related issues. Th most significant issues may be child support, the terms of a Parenting Plan and that's impact on child support, etc. I suggest that you hire a competent family law attorney to assist you in your navigation through this process. Some of your children may now be emancipated and if support was established by DOR, they may not have done the child support step-downs as each child reached(es) the age of majority. Also, many financial factors may have changed, justifying a modification of support and support related issues. Question: Is it easier to get a divorce after separation? How? Question Detail: I just filed for divorce after 11 years of being separated from my future ex-wife. Will this be an easy divorce since we have been separated for so long and have no properties or assets? Child support has been established by the court which is money all she wants. Our 3 children are just a gold mine for her to get money out of me, since she doesn't use the money on the kids it is mostly for herself.
    Even a divorce involving property division and other complexities can be an easy one if the parties work together to achieve that outcome. In your situation, it sounds as if you have little or no property to divide. Determination of that fact can come for meeting with an experienced family law try to explore your legal options.