Is it better to hire a Washington personal injury attorney to represent us in our lawsuit? 4 Answers as of April 18, 2011

My wife was injured by a commercial truck ramming into our car. The vehicle was insured by an out of state company, and their claims division is in another state as well. Can we have an attorney from Washington handle the settlement?

Mercado & Hartung
Mercado & Hartung | Stephanie Hartung
If the car accident took place here in Washington the answer is yes, you can hire a Washington attorney.
Magnuson Lowell P.S.
Magnuson Lowell P.S. | Richard S. Lowell
Assuming that the accident happened in Washington, the answer is 'yes.' Feel free to give me a call and I will be happy to discuss your situation with you.
Shaw Law Firm
Shaw Law Firm | Steven L. Shaw
Any attorney can handle the settlement, but one that is licensed to practice law where a lawsuit would likely be filed would be better able to speak to the at-fault party, or it's insurer, regarding settlement. This is because part of the settlement process is gauging the likelihood for a better result via the litigation process, and your case should be tried in a Washington court. The laws governing the driving in Washington State control the question of fault.
Premier Law Group
Premier Law Group | Jason Epstein
If the accident occurred in Washington, or if you live in Washington, then you should probably hire an attorney in Washington. It doesn't really matter where the insurance company or the commercial truck are based.