Is illegal surveillance punishable by 2 years in state prison and/or $2000 fine? 3 Answers as of July 11, 2014

I take care of/and live in Mothers' home alone, in Michigan. Since last fall I have noticed popping sounds (can hear them anytime 24/7) coming from roof, windows and walls from outside-some sound like their coming from inside-from inside walls and floor, shortly after the noise I began to hear peoples voices saying" what he say" and other things. The house is bugged, I believe by people who live across street. I don’t know if they used wireless system, but I heard what sounded like brush or limb dragged across roof, around same time I began to first hear popping sounds (I thought it was birds). I haven’t seen any wires on home, and that’s what I assumed it was-a limb or brush, I should have immediately gone outside. I understand this is illegal-against Michigan law-punishable by 2 years in state prison and/or $2000 fine. Can you confirm this? I don’t want to go to police if it is possible to avoid doing so, but I want it stopped. Thank you for your advice.

Yes it is illegal.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
If wiretapping or eavesdropping is occurring inside your residence that is illegal. Talk to police and they will determine if it is occurring and the charge, if any.
You have to go to the police. But you'd better be sure it's real or you could be in trouble for filing a false police report.