Is he looking at jail time after a credit card fraud arrest? 1 Answers as of April 06, 2016

My son was arrested for credit card fraud. He is a college student. He was in a bar with friends. One of his so called friends found a credit card on the floor and apparently asked my son to go buy 3 particular drinks. My son was already drunk, and had no idea the card didn't belong to his friend. Apparently, the card was given to the bartender and some sort of tab was started that several of the friends bought drinks on. I was told by one of his friends that he (the friend) knew it was a found card and he participated in buying at least one drink on the tab and up to maybe 6 other people did the same. Because my son handed the bartender the card, he is the one who was arrested a few hours later. The bill was $120.00. He has never been in trouble. What is going to happen to him? He does not even remember anything except getting arrested and had no idea why. His friends were not as drunk as they seemed to know the whole story. Please advice. Thank you.

Not if you get an attorney that knows what he or she is doing. Talk to an attorney as soon as possible in your town.