Is he facing jail time if my boyfriend served 3 terms for burglaries? 8 Answers as of April 18, 2013

My boyfriend served 2 terms for burglaries. We just found out that he was charged for another burglary now for something back from 2011. He's got a court date next week.

Yes he is probably looking at more prison. He needs a good lawyer.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
Yes. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.
If he is being charged with a new burglary, he can be convicted and make time for that one as well. I strongly suggest that he contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding his situation. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze his case and advise him of his options.
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
At this time, it is difficult to predict what will happen. However, if your boyfriend is convicted, there is a possibility he will be required to serve time b/c of the prior criminal history. It depends on a variety of factors. I recommend hiring an attorney to best serve your boyfriends interest. If he cannot afford an attorney, the Court will appoint the public defender to represent him. Maybe during the negotiations, the prosecutor will not insist on jail time because of the facts of the case and possible issues that can be raised.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Yes. If this is a new charge for a separate crime, he will serve more jail time. Indeed, since this would be at least his third conviction, he will face a substantial amount of additional time in jail. He obviously needs a good criminal defense counsel.