Is getting a DWI while license is suspended from a minor in possession a felony? 9 Answers as of December 11, 2013

I'm a future law student, and I'm scared my future is now ruined.

It is not a felony. However, I suggest that you stop lying to yourself. You are an alcoholic (two alcohol offenses and you have not yet turned 22), and more likely to end up in prison that anyone's law school.
In Michigan it is a misdemeanor. But the drunkenness still goes to your fitness to practice law.
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
Assuming that this is a first offense DUI without accident or injury you are probably looking at misdemeanors. You should consider calling the state bar ethics hotline to find out what, if any, ramifications you may face if you seek admittance to the bar after you go to law school.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
Fight it. You can win. Won't affect anything. Plus good learning experience to be a lawyer.
Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC
Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC | Thomas A. Medford, Jr.
While your future is not automatically ruined the issue of a DWI/DUI convictions with not make for a comfortable character & fitness interview for you. I would urge you in the strongest possible terms to immediately esquire the services of an attorney experienced in the defense of DWI cases to advise you of the best courses of action in defense of these charges.
Answer Applies to: District of Columbia
    The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
    It can be charged as a felony. You need to get legal representation.
    Law Office of Michael Norton
    Law Office of Michael Norton | Michael Norton
    Whether a DUI is a felony or misdemeanor depends on if you have prior DUIs and if anyone was injured. The minor in possession will not impact that. But you could have additional charges for driving on a suspended license and a probation violation if you are on probation for the MIP. Get an attorney, especially since you want to minimize how this will impact your future.
    No. But you need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
    Nichols Law Firm
    Nichols Law Firm | Michael J. Nichols
    It should be a misdemeanor.