Is the disposed date the same as the divorce date? 5 Answers as of May 15, 2014

I filed a divorce in California 6 years ago without an attorney (default.) At the very end of the divorce process, I moved to New York, and the endorsed stamped file was mailed to me. So I thought my divorced was finalized. I recently checked the status from county court website and said it is disposed and post. Does this mean the divorce was finalized? I'm worried because I'm thinking about getting married again. Is disposed date the same as divorce date? Or do I have to go to the court and do something?

Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
Write to the court and get request a copy of your file. It will cost about $1 per page, but you should be reassured.
Law Offices of John F. Nicholson
Law Offices of John F. Nicholson | John F. Nicholson
Court website should state whether it is dismissed.
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
You need to contact the court by telephone or through a court runner. Disposed does not mean finalized so I suspect your divorce action was not finalized. A court runner or paralegal can look at the file and find out its status. Good luck .
James M. Chandler | James M. Chandler
If you did not finish it you are probably still married. The case was probably dismissed for lack of action.
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
Do you mean disposed by judgment?