Is the dentist at fault for telling me that my misaligned jaw would eventually heal? 2 Answers as of April 06, 2017

I broke my jaw on December 26, 2016. I went to see the dentist for the first time on January 02, 2017 because my teeth didn't line up right. My dentist was out of town so his partner did X-rays and told me my jaw was fine and would go back to normal. I have a broken tooth, so I made an appointment that day to get it fixed on January 10. When I went to the appointment my regular dentist was back. He looked at my X-rays and told me my jaw was broken and refused to fix my broken tooth. I now have to go to a specialist because the local oral surgeons are saying that I waited too long to get it fixed. It has healed in the wrong position.

The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
This could definitely be worth pursuing. The records and X-rays would have to be reviewed, to see if there was malpractice. Certainly worth looking into.
It depends. A professional can't be held responsible for an exercise of professional judgment. You will need a dentist of comparable credentials to testify against the guy who you are blaming.