Is a company that improperly charged me for a magazine that I did not order legally responsible to reimburse me? 2 Answers as of February 06, 2013

I was being charged monthly for a magazine which I never ordered. When I called the company, they could not locate anything stating I ordered it. Are they legally responsible for reimbursing me?

Lawyer for Indie Media
Lawyer for Indie Media | Sue Basko
Let me see if I have this right. You were receiving a magazine. You were being billed for the magazine. You were paying the bills for the magazine. Now, some time after all this happened, you are saying you never ordered the magazine. Generally, the fact that you were paying the bill without protest, while receiving the magazine, indicates that you at least acquiesced to receiving and paying for it. I doubt they will reimburse you, but you can ask.

If you have a tendency to pay bills without checking that they are valid, you should be very careful and perhaps have someone else handle your bills. There are fraudulent medical, educational, and mortgage bills sent this way, to see if the receiver will pay without question. Once someone knows you are a sucker for such things, they will try to get you again and again under different guises.