Is a child of an E2 (who has an E2 dependent visa) able to get a social security number? 4 Answers as of November 15, 2013

If not, is there a different way for a child of 17, almost 18 to work?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
I do not know the answer to this question. I suggest you go to the Social Security Office and ask them.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 11/15/2013
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
I don't practice immigration law.
Answer Applies to: Mississippi
Replied: 11/15/2013
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
Only your spouse may file for employment authorization. There is no independent basis upon which your child could seek employment authorization.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 11/14/2013
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
The child must apply for a employment authorization card. Once the card is issued a social security number can be assigned.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/14/2013
Click to View More Answers: