Is Chapter 7 bankruptcy applicable to all types of debts? 5 Answers as of October 27, 2010

I was wondering if there are any types of debts that are not covered by Chapter 7.

Law Offices of Michael J. Berger
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger | Michael J. Berger
All debts must be listed in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, but certain types of debts can not be discharged (wiped out) in bankruptcy. For a full list of these debts, look at 11 U.S.C. Section 523 of the bankruptcy code. To see if any debt that you have is nondischargeable, I recommend that you discuss your financial situation with a Certified Specialist in Bankruptcy law - me.
Law Office of Barbara Seeley Curtis
Law Office of Barbara Seeley Curtis | Barbara Curtis
Most student loans,child support or alimony, taxes, fines are not covered.
Sussman & Associates
Sussman & Associates | Mitchell Sussman
Non - dischargeable debts, include support obligations and certain taxes.
If you are asking if there are debts which are not dischargeable in Chapter 7, the answer is yes. These are listed in bankruptcy code section 523, but include debts incurred by fraud, debts incurred through embezzlement or larceny, willful and malicious injury, certain tax debts (primarily those less than 3 years old), restitution, student loans (unless one can prove, after trial, "undue hardship") any domestic support obligations, and more. You should consult with a bankruptcy attorney about whether certain debts are dischargeable.
No. There are many debts that are not discharged in a bankruptcy case.