Is being in a closed California park a serious infraction? 4 Answers as of April 26, 2011

I was with a friend and we were smoking a hookah with tobacco, no drugs. Even though my friend is 17 they wrote us both infractions not mentioning curfew or the tobacco. What will happen?

The answers to the questions are based upon the facts given. Wrong or incomplete facts may affect the vitality of the answer. For an infraction you will only receive a fine.
If charged with an infraction you only face fines. If a misdemeanor, then you face up to 6-12 months in jail on each count.

Effective plea-bargaining, using whatever legal defenses, facts and sympathies there may be, could possibly keep you from being convicted, or minimize the penalties. If you don't know how to do these things effectively, and if the case is worth hiring an attorney, then hire an attorney that does, who will try to get a dismissal, diversion program, reduction or other decent outcome through plea bargain, or take it to trial. If serious about hiring counsel, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Ill be happy to help use whatever defenses there may be.
If it is only an infraction and not a misdemeanor it is like a traffic ticket and you will be fined if you plead guilty. You might want to ask what the fine will be before you do so however.
The Law Offices of Victor J Mazzaraco
The Law Offices of Victor J Mazzaraco | Victor J Mazzaraco
At most you'll get the equivalent of a traffic ticket.