Is the automatic stay in our bankruptcy case still valid? 4 Answers as of October 01, 2010

I just received a letter from the IRS that is confusing me. It says that there has been a stay of 11 U.S.C. 362 as terminated as to debtor and debtors bankruptcy estate'. What does this mean?

Southern California Law Advocates
Southern California Law Advocates | Norma Duenas
The stay in your bankruptcy case generally terminates upon either a discharge in your case, the close of your bankruptcy case or your case being dismissed. It can also terminate as to specific property during your bankruptcy case, if a creditor has filed a motion to lift stay and have been granted this motion, then the stay is terminated as that property. Since generally debt from the IRS is non-dischargeable (unless it meets specific requirements for dischargeability), then the termination of the stay in the bankruptcy case will allow the IRS to continue with certain collection efforts that it was prohibited from while the automatic stay was in place. The IRS can now be allowed to seize your property or income if you fail to pay tax debt that you are still liable over.
Sussman & Associates
Sussman & Associates | Mitchell Sussman
It is hard to say, without looking at your case. Call your bankruptcy lawyer.

But typically, stays are dissolved by motion or close of the case.
Not sure I understand exactly what the letter states but taxes can continue to collect if they get relief of stay.