Is a lawyer allowed to represent a person if they are subcontractors for the company suing a person? 2 Answers as of February 18, 2011

Is a lawyer allowed to represent a person if they are subcontractors for the company suing a person?

The Liblang Law Firm, P.C.
The Liblang Law Firm, P.C. | Dani K. Liblang
Unfortunately, I am not sure that I am clear on the question that you are asking. Lawyers normally are not allowed to represent a person or company where the representation would result in a conflict of interest. There can be exceptions if both sides are fully informed and agree in writing to a waiver of the conflict but, that would be a rare circumstance. If you mean that the person being sued by the company works as a subcontractor for the company bringing the lawsuit, there is no reason that the person being sued cannot hire an attorney. If you mean that the lawyer works as a subcontractor (or represents a subcontractor) for the company that is bringing the lawsuit, then there is likely a conflict of interest that would prevent that lawyer from representing the person being sued. I hope this information helps. If I did not interpret your question correctly, please feel free to call or e-mail me directly.
No, I believe this would be a conflict of interest.