Is an OWI normal to take so long? 4 Answers as of November 05, 2014

I was pulled over May 2014 for an OWI. I was arrested, went to a county jail and was bailed out the next morning. I still haven’t had my court date. I call the court once a month and they say they haven't received any info from the state police that pulled me over.

Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
It probably depends completely on where the events occurred and how busy the court is in that area. It is not unheard of for something like this to take this long, unfortunately.
It's not odd if they drew blood. If it was based on breath testing, that's a long time.
It's not unheard of. Particularly if there was a blood draw. It takes a long time for lab results to come back from the Michigan State Police lab. Use the time to be proactive- retain an experienced OWI lawyer to be ready when charges are brought. He can get a head start on discovery such as police reports and videos.
They are probably awaiting return of lab tests. Hire an attorney NOW.