Is an employee fiduciary contract legal? Posted on April 20, 2011

I am a medical assistant for a doctor in Knoxville, TN. She has issued a legal contract, asking us for all personal passwords we use in the office, and that we will be financially responsible in the event of "sabotage and undermining of the practice." I am very hesitant to sign this. The "sabotage and undermining of the practice" is very vague and I am concerned that I could potentially be blamed for something I did not do, and end up with tons of legal fees. Also, though I have absolutely nothing to hide, I do not like to give out any passwords. My employer is not the most organized person, and it is not unlike her to leave papers laying around for others to see. He/she is constantly misplacing paperwork and blaming others for taking it off her desk. If she has a day where a few people cancel or do not show up for appointments, she thinks she has been sabotaged. She has car trouble, its sabotage. Computer problems, sabotage..etc. I just want to protect myself before I set myself up for a lot of problems in the future. Appreciate your help.