In Washington, can I sue the drunk driver who hit my car and left me with injuries? 5 Answers as of March 08, 2011

While I was driving to work a drunk driver rammed into my car. The police came to the scene, and first responders also came to help. I didn’t think I was badly hurt, so I refused medical attention. Now, I have back, shoulder and neck problems. Can I sue the person?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Premier Law Group
Premier Law Group | Jason Epstein
Yes, you can sue them. Also, there may be insurance that they have that will cover your injuries. You should probably speak to an experienced personal injury attorney to help you navigate this.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/8/2011
Mercado & Hartung
Mercado & Hartung | Stephanie Hartung
Yes you may have a claim. If you have not visited a doctor you should do so. Keep track of all medical issues and do not sign anything from the insurance company until you have spoken with an attorney about your rights.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/6/2011
Magnuson Lowell P.S.
Magnuson Lowell P.S. | Richard S. Lowell
Yes you certainly can. Even if the driver is drunk, if he has insurance, his insurance company will usually provide him with coverage. You should seek out a qualified personal injury attorney to assist you. Feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss this further. There is no charge for the call; and we typically represent injured clients on a contingency basis - so there is no fee to you if there is no recovery.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/6/2011
Shaw Law Firm
Shaw Law Firm | Steven L. Shaw
Yes. But you might want to start by making a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. It's always beneficial to contact a personal injury attorney to get some background on the process, and you may want to hire one to make the claim for you.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/6/2011
Pivotal Law Group, PLLC
Pivotal Law Group, PLLC | Christopher L. Thayer
Absolutely. You should contact an experienced personal injury attorney right away.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: