In Oregon, is there a statute of limitations on personal injury claims I should be aware of? 3 Answers as of December 21, 2010

In Oregon is there a statute of limitations on personal injury claims I should be aware of?

Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC
Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC | Travis Prestwich
In most cases, the statute of limitations on injury cases is two years. There are some exceptions, but that is the general rule. To make certain of your statute of limitations date, you should consult with a personal injury lawyer.
Harris Law Firm
Harris Law Firm | Paul Vames
Yes, you should be aware that the time for filing a personal injury claim in Oregon is governed, in general, by O.R.S. 12.110. There are many exceptions to the general rule.

In certain instances and under certain factual circumstances, tolling or a "discovery rule" may apply. Also, time limitations may vary based upon the manner in which the person is injured, the type of injury sustained, whether the victim died as the result of the injury, and the profession of the person who harmed the injured victim.

I am available to discuss the facts of your case with you and help you to understand what the time limitations are under your case's specific circumstances.
Harris Law Firm
Harris Law Firm | Lauren Schmidt-Dipaola
Yes, there is a statute of limitations for personal injury claims. In Oregon it is 2 years from the date of the injury with a few limited exceptions.