In Nebraska is it legal for a convicted felon to hunt with a compound bow? Posted on June 27, 2011

My roommate is a convicted felon (drug charges) and would like to go hunting. He knows he cannot ever possess a firearm. I searched the Nebraska website and found the following information regarding Archery Hunting:
"A hunter using a bow and arrow. In Nebraska long bows, recurve bows and compound bows are all considered a bow. There are restrictions on the use of bows and arrow for hunting and on draw weight that must be met for certain types of hunting." I also found the following information regarding crossbows: "Any device that uses a bow held in a stock that fires a arrow or bolt. For all practical purposes a crossbow is considered the same as a firearm in Nebraska." So, it appears that he would be able to hunt using a compound bow, however he wants verification because he does not want to risk it.