In my will, if I am not married but have minor children, do I have to specify anything about my life insurance policy? 3 Answers as of September 18, 2017

Law Office of T. Phillip Boggess | T. Phillip Boggess
Your life insurance policy should have beneficiaries named within the policy. Therefore your will would only come into play if there was no beneficiary or you named your estate both of which I would not recommend doing.
Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd.
Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd. | Randall C. Romei
Life insurance policies have designated beneficiaries. if there is no designated beneficiary the life insurance death benefit will be distributed to your estate and be distributed according to the terms of your will regarding the residuary beneficiary distribution.
Shimberg and Crohn, P.C. | Jonathan Shimberg
Your life insurance policy is not governed by your will. You have a named beneficiary. If you were to name your estate as the beneficiary, then the proceeds become part of your general estate. Otherwise it is not part of your probate estate and not governed by your will provisions.