In Mississippi is there a waiting period before filing divorce? 3 Answers as of August 27, 2012

I am trying to get just a simple divorce. no kids, no personal value with my husband.

Hynum Law Office, LLC
Hynum Law Office, LLC | G. Wayne Hynum
You have to be a resident citizen of Mississippi for at least six (6) months before you file for the divorce.
THE LOCKHART LAW FIRM | CLAYTON LOCKHART
This appears to be a situation where you can have an attorney draw up the papers, both parties sign the papers, file the papers and after the 60 days time period has lapsed, then the attorney can take the papers to the judge to get the divorce finalized, assuming neither party has withdrawn their consent to the divorce during the 60 days period. That's the quickest, cheapest, and most painless way to obtain a divorce.
T.K. Byrne | Timothy K. Byrne
In a irreconcilable differences divorce there is a sixty day statutory period, after the joint petition is filed, before a Final judgment of Divorce can be signed by the Chancellor.