In Illinois, what would be a good monetary compensation to settle for after a spilled coffee incident? 4 Answers as of January 06, 2011

My husband and son were waiting for their order at a burger place last week, when a big cup of hot coffee was spilled in my son's chest. We brought him to his doctor immediately, and the doctor told us that it was good that he was wearing a jacket and vest. Otherwise, the injury could have been worse. We informed the manager of what happened and the insurance called us to negotiate an offer of $500.00. Should we accept this?

Allegretti & Associates
Allegretti & Associates | James L. Allegretti
I cannot tell from these facts.. I sounds lime your son had few if any injuries. I f that is so get enough to cover the doctor bills and something for your son's pain and suffering.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Cary J. Wintroub
Depending on your son's injuries. If he has a permanent burn to his chest the matter has greater value.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Sheldon J. Aberman
It depends on the amount of his medical bills, type of pain he endured, frequency with which he endured pain, duration of the pain, whether he sustained scarring and the extent of his disability...
Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. | David Scriven-Young
It depends on how badly your son was hurt. I can't possibly give you a recommendation without more facts. You should retain a lawyer for advice.