In Illinois, can we sue the makers of a tanning lotion if we know it caused our daughters death? 5 Answers as of January 28, 2011

Is there anything that we can do in court about this loss? Our 18-year-old daughter died after using Tingle tanning lotion with her friends this past summer. The two girls that tanned with her were ill as well after tanning. My daughter went home to wash off the lotion, passed out in the tub and drowned.

Allegretti & Associates
Allegretti & Associates | James L. Allegretti
I am sorry for your loss. It must be terrible to lose a child. Yes you can sue. You must prove that the tanning lotion caused her to pass out. Were any toxicology test done? Besides the fact that her friends also got sick, is there any other reason you suspect the lotion. I will be happy to discuss it further.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. | David Scriven-Young
First of all, I'm very sorry for your loss. If it is proved that the tanning lotion caused her death, you probably have the right to sue. You should contact an attorney to discuss your legal rights. My law firm has experience in these types of cases, and I would be glad to speak with you about your case.
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
You may have a case, based upon the information that you have supplied. We would be happy to provide you with a free consultation if you call my office at either of the numbers listed below. If my office accepts your case, there is no fee charged unless we are able to obtain a settlement for you.
Kalogerakos & Associates
Kalogerakos & Associates | Tony S. Kalogerakos
Absolutely. Feel free to contact our office.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Cary J. Wintroub
Assuming that was the cause of death, there may be a Product Liability action against the manufacturer. Please contact us for further information we may provide.