In Illinois, can I file a lawsuit against my former employer for suffering injury after occupational dust exposure? 1 Answers as of January 08, 2011

Can I bring a suit against my former employer? I went to a doctor first and later to the ER, receiving antibiotics, breathing treatment, and steroids after I received an occupational dust exposure while working last year. I have had symptoms similar to asthma since then and am seeing my personal physician, a cardiologist, and pulmonologist to determine the extent of injury. I became seriously ill with respiratory distress two to three days after I was exposed.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Cary J. Wintroub
Based on your description you may have a workers compensation claim. You may have a third party claim as well depending on source of Occupational Dust.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 1/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: