In Colorado, how long does it take to get a divorce? 2 Answers as of January 07, 2011

In Colorado, will it be necessary to get a lawyer for my divorce? How long will it take make me?

The soonest a final decree can be entered is 90 days from filing. Because of the various requirements, it rarely happens that fast unless there are no disagreements and both parties quickly reach an agreement. Depending on what kinds of things the parties can't agree to and the particular court, it could take as long as a year before a case can be finished, especially if there is a major fight over children. Some judges are so overloaded it may take 6-9 months to schedule a contested trial; others may only take 60-90 days.
Kaczmarek Law Firm, LLC
Kaczmarek Law Firm, LLC | Bridgette D. Kaczmarek
You do not need a lawyer to get divorced in Colorado. If the parties agree to everything and there is little dispute over items, then a lawyer may not be necessary. As for length of time, it takes 90 days from the date of service on the other party before a divorce can be finalized. So 90 days,