In California can I get a DUI from 20 years ago expunged from my record? 12 Answers as of June 11, 2013

20 years ago, I was charged with a DUI. Can I get it expunged from my record if I have completed all the terms? I live in California.

Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN
Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN | Michael Bialys
California will allow for expungment.
Yes, I do it all the time. Call me if you live in San Diego. Otherwise, you're probably better off finding a local attorney.
Law Offices of Staycie R. Sena
Law Offices of Staycie R. Sena | Staycie R. Sena
Yes, you can. Please see my website for more information or contact me. I can do the expungement.
Robert Mortland
Robert Mortland | Law Office of Robert Mortland
Typically yes. This is a very routine process and you have a good shot at getting the DUI expunged.
    Yes you can, as long as you are not currently on probation for something else. Contact an attorney specializing in DUI to help you file the petition and conduct the expungement hearing.
    Tracy L Henderson, Attorney at Law
    Tracy L Henderson, Attorney at Law | Tracy L. Henderson
    It is possible. Yes. Statutorily you are ineligible absent certain circumstances but in Monterey County they typically dont object.
    LynchLaw
    LynchLaw | Michael Thomas Lynch
    The length time since a conviction is not important. An expungement is your right if you have completed all terms of probation. Typically, one of the first terms of probation is, "Obey all laws and be of good conduct." One area the DA could use against you is if you had been arrested but not actually convicted. Many times they will use the argument that if you were arrested you were not of good conduct, even if there was not sufficient evidence to convict you. If you have not had any other issues since your conviction you should take advantage of your rights and petition to have the conviction expunged.
    Yes, but understand with an expungement will do for it. It does not take it off your DMV record.
    Law Offices of Lawrence Wolf
    Law Offices of Lawrence Wolf | Lawrence Wolf
    Yes, but. Many convictions, including DUI, can sometimes be 'expunged' from criminal records by proper application and Petition to the court, if all terms of sentencing and at least one year of probation are completed, and if there are no new charges pending. If successful, the conviction would be retroactively withdrawn and the charges dismissed. Expungement does not 'remove' or erase the conviction, but merely changes the record to show 'conviction reversed and dismissed by expungement'. When applying for a job in the private sector, you generally do not have to disclose a conviction if it was expunged. However, the conviction is still a 'prior' or 'strike' for purposes of repeat offense, and must be disclosed on any application for government and professional employment and licensing, bonding, security clearance, etc. The licensing agency and employer then can decide whether you are barred from licensing or employment because of the conviction. If youre serious about doing this, feel free to contact me for the legal help you'll need.
    Yes, it is possible to get a DUI expunged. I handle these and can help you further. Contact me if you would like to discuss in further detail.