In an armed robbery can I sue those who victimized me? 2 Answers as of April 13, 2011

I was held up in an armed robbery, but the police caught the thieves shortly after the incident. Can I sue the thieves for injuries?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Allegretti & Associates
Allegretti & Associates | James L. Allegretti
Yes you can but, practically speaking, how will you collect? They most likely have no assets.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 4/13/2011
Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. | David Scriven-Young
Yes, you can probably file a lawsuit seeking damages for your personal injuries, injuries to any of your property (which would include any property stolen from you). Note that you must sue within a certain period of time, and your recovery depends on the facts of your case.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 4/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: