In accordance to law in South Carolina, do I have grounds to file a lawsuit against my former company for suffering injury after occupational dust exp 1 Answers as of January 07, 2011

I was exposed to an occupational dust exposure, which made me seriously ill with respiratory problems two to three days. I went to a doctor first and later to the ER, receiving antibiotics, breathing treatment, and steroids. Now, I have had symptoms similar to asthma. I am still under the care of my personal doctor, a cardiologist, and pulmonologist to determine the extent of injury. If this happened last year, can I file a suit?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Woods Law Firm
The Woods Law Firm | F.W. Woods Jr.
Yes, If you suffered injury on the job which caused you medical problems you can sue your employer. However, in most larger businesses this case is covered by workers compensation laws and you may have to file a workers comp claim.
Answer Applies to: South Carolina
Replied: 1/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: