Impact of a Georgia DUI in Texas? 3 Answers as of April 26, 2011

I am 55 years old, was cited for a first time DUI offense 1 week ago in Georgia and have representation there. I plan to plea. What will happen to me in Texas where I live? Is it worth a consultation? I have not found links to Texas state government websites that help with this. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Law Office of Jamie Balagia
Law Office of Jamie Balagia | Will Mitchell
You need to talk to a Texas DWI lawyer. Georgia will notify Texas of the pending license suspension and you will not have a big window to contest that suspension here. DPS will mail you a notice of suspension to the address on your Texas Driver's License. I really need more details to help you additionally, please take a look at my website for more information and feel free to contact me through the site.
The Purnell Law Firm
The Purnell Law Firm | Simon Purnell
A DUI in any other state of the union is treated similarly to one in Texas (it could lead to the suspension of your drivers license, etc.). If you have a subsequent DUI, Texas can then use the Georgia DUI to enhance you from a class B misdemeanor to a Class A misdemeanor.