Can someone go to another country after being deported in the US? 12 Answers as of January 05, 2012

Can my husband come back to the US, or go to Canada, or UK or any other country after being deported from US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny | Svetlana Boukhny
As long as there are no obstacles for him to do so, deportation from the US is only that-deportation from the US. It does not affect lawful travel to other sovereign countries.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/5/2012
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
In terms of whether your husband can go to a third country after being deported from the U.S. you would need to check with the laws of that country. Assuming he was not deported for committing a serious crime most countries do not ask whether you have been deported from another country when evaluating you for visa issuance. In terms of whether he can come back to the U.S. he will need one or two waiver and to qualify for the waiver. His complete criminal and immigration history would need to be evaluated along with your relationship to properly advise you on his options and chance for success, procedures, timing and fees.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/30/2011
Law Offices of Alan R. Diamante, APLC
Law Offices of Alan R. Diamante, APLC | Alan R. Diamante
We need more information about his deportation to answer whether he can come back. He can go to any country if it accepts him.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/28/2011
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
He cannot return to the US within 5 years unless he has prior permission from the DHS. He probably can go to any other country as long as he has the proper visa or travel document as deportation from the US should not affect other countries.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/28/2011
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
Your husband may be eligible to enter the United States or another country after deportation, but that depends upon his particular circumstances. To enter another country, your husband must show he is eligible to receive a non-immigrant or immigrant visa. This requires him to be eligible pursuant to the laws of the country he wishes to enter. The fact that he was previously deported from the United States would likely work against him. As for entering the United States again, it would depend upon the reason(s) he was previously deported, the length of time outside the United States, prior immigration history, your status, as well as other ties to the United States. He may be eligible to return to the United States, but I would need additional information to assess the matter thoroughly.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 12/28/2011
    Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
    Once someone is deported from the US, I am not aware of any reason they could not try to visit another country. The fact of his deportation may or may not be a factor in another country letting him in.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado
    Replied: 12/27/2011
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney