imigration 3 Answers as of November 10, 2010

I have a green card and I want to bring my fiancee to the USA as soon as possible. What should I do?

You can apply for a wife, as a green card holder, but not a fiancee. You will need to be a U.S. citizen for that. You may apply for your fiancee to be admitted to the U.S., once you are married, and there is an approved petition on your part, but for your wife to apply for admission through consular processing will require a wait (if done now) of about 6-9 months, followed by a period of 6 months or more to review the application at the State Department, followed by a final interview. If you want to pursue this further, by all means give me a call, and set up an appointment for an in-person or telephone consultation. Best to you.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You can petition for your fiancee only if you are a US citizen.
As a green card holder, you cannot bring your fiancee to the US. You need to be a US citizen in order to qualify as a petitioner for a fiancee.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.