I'm fighting for custody of my three girls from my family, is it possilbe to change my judge? 3 Answers as of May 11, 2012

I lost everything in 2010 and asked my Aunt who lives in Detroit to help with my girls long story short she took out temporary custody without my knowledge and and didn't notify me until I called to let her know I was coming to get them. I haven't been able to see or talk to my babies in almost a year I feel like my babies have died. This is not right what can I do.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
If you had been awaded custody in Georgia you can seek a custody order in Georgia and enforce under Uniform Jurisdiction Child Custody Act.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/11/2012
H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
You can make a motion to have the judge recuse himself. However, to succeed you have to show that the judge is biased against you, not merely that he made a ruling you disagree with.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/10/2012
Click to View More Answers: