I'm a certified medication aide being accused of stealing narcotics, what should I do? 3 Answers as of March 18, 2016

I am being accused of stealing narcotics no charges have been filed at this time but my license has been flagged and they are investigating a police detective has called me and asked me to come in should I go in with out a lawyer or wait till charges are filed and not go in at all the strongest thing that I passed at my work was a loratab 7.5 I also did not take anything ever but they say that they have security footage of this incident. What should I do help I have never been in any kind of trouble, the most I have ever done is get a speeding ticket.

Baker Wyers Law, PLLC
Baker Wyers Law, PLLC | Clifton Baker
For some reason these charges are a constant threat for nursing home and hospice employees. Yes you should consent to a meeting with the police and take an attorney with you. Doing nothing is an invitation to having charges filed because they will assume that you are hiding something. If there is footage, the police will have it and your attorney may be able to view it before any criminal case is filed.
Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
First off, and I can't be sure you did in this written request for information on-line, you should stop making statements that might appear to be admissions of guilt. Secondly, you should not meet with a police officer without first talking with and then taking a lawyer with you. If the police have a video and other evidence of your guilt, then charges will be and probably would have been filed by now. The police are very good at getting a person to admit to a crime, whether the person actually is admitting or not. Don't go without a lawyer. Good luck.
Kevin H Pate
Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
Do not talk to law enforcement without counsel. When you are under suspicion, the police are NOT your friends nor are they your allies. They want you to make it easier to arrest you, not help you.