If you want to separate, what do you need to do to make it legal and how do you go about that? 1 Answers as of July 20, 2017

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
You can separate by moving out of the house you share with your spouse. That will be the date of separation. You can file for a divorce or legal separation depending on which you want. If you file for legal separation and later decide to divorce, additional documents will need to be filed with the court and served on your spouse.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/20/2017
Click to View More Answers: