If you take credit out on your spouse and both of you are filing who get to take credit on particular account? 9 Answers as of February 27, 2014

In bankruptcy, who claims credit?

If you are filing jointly then you just mark the credit for you or for him in the appropriate box on the petition.
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
Credit? Please explain what you mean.
I'm not sure what you are asking. The question is unclear. Just list all the accounts. Don't worry about "who gets credit."
Did you take out credit using your spouse's name without his/her permission? Did you apply for credit jointly as husband and wife? If you are both filing bankruptcy, it doesn't actually make any difference whose name is on the account. Bankruptcy hits your credit the same no matter how many debts you have.
Goldsmith & Guymon | Marjorie Guymon
If you're both filing, you list all your debt.
    If you are both filing, it doesn't really matter, but use the person who initially applied or both.
    Law Offices of Daniel J Winter
    Law Offices of Daniel J Winter | Daniel J Winter
    Your question is not clear do you mean, whose credit report does the bankruptcy show up on? If that's your question, then the answer is both. When you file bankruptcy, the bankruptcy and elimination of liability shows up on the account,which is on both people's credit report. Even if only one of you files, the bankruptcy will show up on both people's credit report.
    That issue is not important if you are filing jointly. Just list the debt as if both of you owed the money. Therefore, list the creditor, their address, the dollar amount, the account number, and the basis for the debt (e.g., medical bill, credit card, etc.). I tell my clients to list all debts, even debts they don't think they owe, but that creditor may think you owe. You can not hurt yourself by listing extra creditors.
    Law Offices of Eric W. I. Anglin
    Law Offices of Eric W. I. Anglin | Eric W. I. Anglin
    The party that is responsible for paying the debt. If the account is in wife's name only then she would be listed as the person responsible for paying the debt.