If you have the key to a house, is it still breaking and entering? 6 Answers as of August 30, 2013

I moved in with my boyfriend and while he was deployed, he decided he wanted me to move out. Now he is saying I cannot get my stuff. Even though I have a key if I go in and get my belongings, it will be breaking and entering is that true?

Breaking and entering in Michigan has to have the intent to steal or commit another crime, getting your own things does not count.
You should be able to get your belonging out of the house. Go with a witness to do so.
Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C. | Darrell B. Reynolds
Depending how long you have been gone, it very well could be breaking and entering.
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
Breaking and entering is not a California legal concept. If the question is about burglary, that requires a certain intent when you enter, and if your intent is solely to pick up your own stuff to which you have a right of possession, it is not burglary.
Yes, it is true since you know longer have permission to enter. I do not know if a civil standby would be permissible in this situation.