If you come to the USA to work for a company, will your green card work for another job? 4 Answers as of December 08, 2010

I came to the United States in order to work for a particular company. I like it here a lot and I want to stay but I cannot stand working for this company any longer. I have worked for them about 10 months. Can I stay if I quit as long as I get another job? Or is my green card for this job specifically?

I have your question, and sorry to be so late responding. Yes, you absolutely have the power and the right, as a green card holder (permanent legal resident), to leave the job you are in, and look for and receive other employment. If you move to another city as a result of getting another job, you do have to notify the USCIS of your new address within 10 days. But otherwise, go for it, if it is the right thing for you. In the meantime, if there is any other thing affecting you or a member of your family or friends where I can be of help, please feel free to e-mail or call. Best to you.
You can remain in the US even if you change employers at this point if you already have a green card.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
If you have worked for the job for 10 months and cannot stand it, you can change your job if you already have a green card.
If you already have a so-called "green card", i.e., lawful permanent residency, there are no restrictions on your employment but if your visa is an HIB, then you must get permission from USCIS to change employers.