If you are having troubles with a funeral home what type of attorney would you need? 34 Answers as of September 24, 2012

I feel as though I was mentally troubled with a funeral home because they kept putting things off and I, as well as someone else who does not work with the funeral home but does business with them, has said this establishment was untruthful. They have tried to rip me off money and even didn't give me certain things I had ordered correctly, as well as put things off a long time and lied. I would like to sue them but I don't know what kind of lawyer to get. I feel mentally disturbed and it has been 10 months and everything should have already been done.

Try contacting a civil attorney.
James M. Osak, P.C.
James M. Osak, P.C. | James M. Osak
Any GENERAL CIVIL attorney will do. This is a straightforward CONTRACT case.
Victor Varga | Victor Varga
Civil...you need to sue them.
Lombardi Law Firm
Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
You need a civil trial lawyer, not a criminal lawyer. Your case may also require contact with the Iowa Attorney General's staff. Perhaps this funeral home needs to be investigated.
Answer Applies to: Iowa
Law Office of Melvin Franke | Melvin Franke
A civil litigation attorney.
    Law office of Robert D. Scott | Robert Scott
    A civil contracts attorney.
    Richard E. Damon, PC | Richard E. Damon
    If the funeral home lost the body, or got it confused with someone else, then you might have a case. From what you describe, I don't see that the funeral home did anything wrong that would justify a lawsuit.
    Hire an attorney who practices civil law. This is a criminal law forum. Check with your local bar association for a reference.
    You need a civil lawyer.
    An attorney with experience in civil litigation, to see if you have actual grounds for a lawsuit or claim. Having trouble does not define a legal cause of action. The actual facts will determine your rights.
    Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
    One who practices in contract law if you signed any papers for certain services or tort law.
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    You question is vague, but I would contact a personal injury lawyer. I have no idea what sort of troubles you are having.
    It sounds like a breach of contract. I would suggest starting with a contract lawyer.
    Try an internet search. Use search terms including the name of your city and "lawyer" and "funeral home". Then call a few of them up and ask if they have ever taken a case such as this. You could also go to the County Clerk's Office and find out if they've ever been sued before, see who that lawyer was.
    Law Office of Ronald G. Draper | Ronald G. Draper
    Consult a personal injury lawyer,although its not clear if you are able to prove loss in some way.
    Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq.
    Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq. | Jeffrey Lawrence Pollock
    If you feel mentally disturbed, research a civil injury lawyer.
    Dennis P. Mikko Attorney at Law | Dennis P. Mikko
    Most likely, you would be looking for a personal injury attorney. The funeral home is a licensed facility. Based on what you have said, you may want to file a complaint against their license as well.
    Leonard A. Kaanta, P.C. | Leonard A. Kaanta
    You need a general practice attorney.
    Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
    Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
    You may consult with a contracts lawyer or contact the State's Attorney General Office for assistance. There also may be a state agency which licenses and handles complaints against funeral homes.
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
    I suggest you write down everything that happened in proper time order. Names, times, dates etc. will be very difficult to remember later. In six month, if you still feel outraged, then call an attorney. In the meantime, pay the bill so you don't look like a cheapskate.
    Answer Applies to: Montana
    Sounds like a contract matter. If they agree and don't perform they have breached a contract with you. Any litigator ought to be able to help.
    Just hire a civil attorney and sue them.
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    You need to be a bit more specific. There are no facts given that would indicate that you have a cause of action against the funeral home, much less one for the intentional infliction of emotional distress. In this type of suit the conduct must be outrageous and the effect must be severe. You would need a civil litigation attorney.
    Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
    You don't state the issue with the funeral home.
    R. D. Kelly Law Firm, P.L.L.C.
    R. D. Kelly Law Firm, P.L.L.C. | Robert Kelly
    You might want to contact an attorney who does civil litigation.
    There is no specific specialty for the problem you describe. A litigation attorney might be the best for this.
    Paris Blank LLP
    Paris Blank LLP | Irving M Blank
    You need a personal injury lawyer who has won a case against a funeral home.
    You have not told me how they "ripped you off" and so I cannot tell you if you can sue them. You can sue in Small Claims Court for up to $5,000 without a lawyer. You can Google "business law attorney" in your city and call some lawyers for a free consultation over the phone. They will tell you if the funeral home has done anything wrong and if you have a case against them that can be proven in a court of law.
    Law Office of James A Schoenberger
    Law Office of James A Schoenberger | James A Schoenberger
    This is a civil issue, you need to repost your inquiry on the civil forum.
    Mary W Craig P.C. | Mary W Craig
    You need to see what's called a plaintiff's lawyer, someone who specializes in representing people who want to sue someone for money. Some states require physical injury in order to recover damages, while other states only require mental or emotional injury to recover. A plaintiff's attorney can tell you what the law is in your state and what your chances are of recovery.
    Law Office of Mark J. Leonardo
    Law Office of Mark J. Leonardo | Mark Leonardo
    You would likely want an attorney that handles contract matters, but it's difficult to tell 100% because you have not provided any details of what actually happened.
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
    Sounds like a civil issue to me. Did you work for the funeral home or just do business with them? The information you provided leaves out a lot of details. If you worked for them, contact an employment law lawyer. Fair warning, however, unless you can show extensive damages, then you probably don't have a case.
    You need Consumer protection.
12 3 4 5 6 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney