If you agree to get divorced, can you be represented by the same lawyer? Posted on June 25, 2011

I have been a stay at home mom for 5 years and have nothing whatsoever in my name, so I do not have the money to afford my own lawyer. To put my mind at ease, my husband agreed to let me talk to his lawyer. We both want to use the same lawyer, but we are not being allowed to because it is a conflict of interest. I have been told you can talk to the same lawyer as long as everything is agreed upon. Is it true I cannot use the same lawyer as my husband? Or does this mean that my husband has other plans or he's not agreed on everything and this is the reason I can't use his lawyer? I am not sure what to do, because I am stuck at home in the same house with him without a car to get anywhere and kind of left in the dark not knowing what to do. Thanks for your help.