If wife has debt of $10,000, can I divorce her then she can file bankruptcy and we will remarry after? 8 Answers as of October 20, 2015

Is this fraud?

If it's not fraud, it stinks to high heaven. There is a distinct possibility that you will be breaking three or four serious criminal laws. There is usually a lawful way to achieve an honest aim. Consult an experienced bankruptcy lawyer for advice and representation. It is almost a always worth the investment. Good Luck.
It's not fraud to divorce and remarry.
As a matter of fact, it is fraud to do this. And for a mere $10,000, which is far below the minimum amount of debt I would be willing to accept a case in bankruptcy. Settling this debt might be possible for as little as $2,500, which is a lot less than it costs to hire a criminal defense attorney.
Freeman Law Group, LLC
Freeman Law Group, LLC | Derek Freeman
You don't have to file a joint bankruptcy case just because you're married. Your wife can file a bankruptcy case without your involvement. There is no conceivable reason for you to go through a divorce just so your wife can file bankruptcy. You really need to speak with a local attorney before you take any drastic actions.
She can file bankruptcy on her own.