If we have no communication from sister, the executor of my mother’s will, what recourse do we have? 4 Answers as of September 21, 2017

My mother passed away last April 19, 2017 with will for equal share to 6 siblings. My sis as the executor, have zero communication to any siblings. No copies of will sent to siblings.

If you are a beneficiary under the will, you are entitled to a copy. If sister is in possession of the will, she should have lodged it with the clerk of the Superior Court in the county of residence of mom, and she should, by now, have filed a petition for probate. Check with the court clerk; he or she can check by mom's name. If no lodging or filing, see a probate lawyer, who can stir things up by filing a petition with the court.
Has she been appointed by the court to be the administrator of the Will; being named in the Will gives you almost no actual power. Tell her if she does not contact everyone within the next 5 days you will file to probate the Will and have someone else appointed to handle the distributions. If she was appointed by the court, tell her she is legally required to provide certain information and if she does not you will ask the court to appoint someone else.
You can petition the local court to probate the will and name someone else as the executor. The reason being that your sister has basically abandoned her duties.
Law Office of Patricia A. Simmons
Law Office of Patricia A. Simmons | Patrica A Simmons
Has your sister begun the probate process? If so, you can contact the court clerk in the county were the proceedings have been initiated. If you personally go to the clerk's office, request to see the file. For a fee, you can obtain copies of the file. Also, if there is an attorney for the estate, get the name, address and telephone number. While at the clerk's office you can ask for the form Request for Special Notice. Fill it out and file it while you are there. Send a copy to the estate's attorney for his/her records. Keep a copy for your records.