If we have both signed the divorce papers as he left to live abroad, can I issue it to court now? 7 Answers as of February 20, 2014

We have been separated for 4 years. He has left to live in Thailand. Before he left we both signed the divorce papers as we had come to an agreement.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Karen A. Clark, L.L.C.
Law Office of Karen A. Clark, L.L.C. | Karen A. Clark
In Washington State, if you and your spouse file a joint Petition for Dissolution, the Dissolution can be granted in as little as 90 days.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 2/19/2014
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Yes but if the papers are four years old the Judge may question as to why?
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/20/2014
Barr, Jones & Associates LLP
Barr, Jones & Associates LLP | Andrew Brasse
If he signed off on the paperwork, you still should be able to file it at the court. They will then go forward with finalizing your divorce.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 2/19/2014
Heidi Lauer
Heidi Lauer | Heidi Lauer
Yes, then you should proceed with the Court to finalize your dissolution. You will probably need to meet with an attorney to insure that you have all the proper forms and documents.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/19/2014
Paul H. Belanger, P.C. | Paul H. Belanger
Have your attorney do a Motion for a hearing.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/20/2014
Click to View More Answers: