If was charged with a misdemeanor for possessing a fake ID, what are my best options to deal with this case? 1 Answers as of November 02, 2017

I am an 18 year old college student and I was caught possessing a fake ID. I spoke with student legal services and they say that I can plead guilty, pay a fine and then get it expunged in a year. Or I can plead not guilty and try and get the case dismissed, with some possible community service. This is my first and only offense, and I don't know what the best course of action is. Is it wise to try and get it dismissed or will future employers still be able to see this misdemeanor even if I get it expunged?

Law Office of John G. Galasso | John George Galasso
You propbably should screen for a public defender: Sometime, depending upon the jurisdiction, the charge may be reduced from an m-1; Also an expungement seals your charge from all eyes except law enforcement and the government